Each lesson is created to include a new sound or rule and a reading task followed by several exercises, which review concepts taught in that lesson as well as those taught previously. This provides the perfect blend of reading and writing, with review, while the student learns to become aware of sounds and how they are put together to form words. After every ten lessons is a review section to further go over concepts just learned.
This book is colorful, with large text and a layout that is created to be visually appealing to children.
1. (Free) On-line spelling drills, for the dictation portion of the lessons.
2. (Free) Flash Cards (PDF format).
This reading program is for children ages 7 to 13. For younger students, use I Can Read (books A & B), for students ages 14 to adult, use A Workbook for Dyslexics, 3rd Edition.
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: Blast Off to Reading!: 50 Orton-Gillingham Based Lessons for Struggling Readers and Those with Dyslexia$25.72
- The Gillingham Manual: Remedial Training for Students with Specific Disability in Reading, Spelling, and Penmanship$64.10
- I Can Read, Book B: Orton-Gillingham Based Reading Lessons for Young Students Who Struggle with Reading and May Have Dyslexia$19.99