What Is Dyslexia?
So what is dyslexia and how do your get it?
Dyslexia is referred to as a ‘hidden disability’. Having dyslexia only becomes outwardly evident when a person is learning, remembering or demonstrating a cognitive skill. To add to this, no two people with dyslexia will ever exhibit the exact same set of symptoms. It is for this reason that when a child is struggling at school the best way to understand what is causing their struggle is to become educated yourself and learn more about dyslexia.
If you are wondering how to do this, this eBook will help you.
There are many differing views on what dyslexia is, how people get it and what can be done to support an individual with it. This can make it extremely difficult to know as a parent or teacher where to start your research on the topic of dyslexia. If your greatest priority is your child or the students you teach, it will make this journey so much easier. Your aim should always be to improve their lives and learning outcomes.
To help you to understand more about dyslexia we like to refer to the experts; individuals who have made it their life’s work to study specific learning difficulties and dyslexia. Hear from neuroscientist Prof John Stein of the Dyslexia Research Trust in the UK, Dr Silvia Paracchini, a molecular and genetics expert and neuroscientist and paediatrician, Prof Sally Shaywitz of Yale University in Connecticut, U.S.A.
To truly understand dyslexia you need to study it in great depth and on many levels; from brain processing to how having dyslexia impacts on children in the classroom and that is what these experts have done over many years. This in turn provides us with evidence based knowledge that we can then apply to our particular child or students circumstances enabling us to understand and support them appropriately. This eBooks will give you the confidence to talk to your child about their difficulties, chat with teachers about what your child needs and seek the appropriate specialists to support your child on their journey
Whether this book represents your ongoing quest to learn more about your child’s needs and support them or you just want to understand more about dyslexia, it is sure to be an eBook that you turn to again and again for advice. Best of all it’s absolutely FREE!
What Is Dyslexia? FREE EBOOK
Dyslexia Daily is proud to offer parents; teachers and LD specialists knowledge to assist a child who may be struggling at school due to a learning difficulty such as dyslexia.
- Why are so many books about dyslexia outdated?
- Who is John Stein and how can his work help my struggling child?
- Who is Silvia Paracchini and how can her work assist me?
- A brief history of dyslexia
- Why does dyslexia exist?
- How to make sense of the specialist terminology related to dyslexia
- Will having dyslexia only affect my child’s literacy skills?
What Is Dyslexia?
So what is dyslexia and how do you get it?
Go ahead, get started with your FREE downloadable eBook today!
- Inspiration – Access to recent research, teaching strategies, learning techniques and resources to download.
- Interaction – Thousands of parents, teachers, learning difficulties professionals and service providers – a real community to connect with 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Convenience – Expert tips, information, events and special offers delivered to your inbox from Dyslexia Daily.
- Opportunity – To find the answers to help you to better understand dyslexia and LD so you can better support your child or students to achieve their goals, fulfil their potential and live a happy and successful life.
This eBook is a culmination of years of research, in particular working with experts and helping 1,000’s of families with dyslexia, making this a very practical book. It will help you take control of your future, with strategies you can use straight away.
Start supporting your child today!
Get your FREE eBook