Background :  
Dyslexia and Teacher Effectiveness
Join Dyslexia Daily for FREE and download
your FREE eBook today!
You have our promise we will not sell or share your email address.

Teaching Strategies

Related Articles and Topics

Teaching Strategies – Dyslexia Daily Blog

7 Ways to motivate your students to succeed

7 Ways to motivate your students to succeed

If only 40% of a students’ academic achievement comes from intellect*, then where does the other 60% come from? Quite simply it comes from a student’s motiv...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: April 8, 2019, 11:27 am

How do you teach Spelling in Science?

How do you teach Spelling in Science?

Last weekend I ran into my sister at the gym. We did our 30-minute CX class to rein in our tummies and then stopped afterwards for a quick cup of tea and a ...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: February 20, 2019, 9:41 am

Which learning style are you? – Your survey results

Which learning style are you? – Your survey results

We asked you what your favourite learning style was and your responses told us; you either had more than one learning style preference or you really weren’t...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: February 4, 2019, 9:56 am

Why is it that good readers sometimes can’t spell?

Why is it that good readers sometimes can’t spell?

A FAQ from Christine answered by Liz Dunoon “Liz, why is it that some children can read fine but have a lot of trouble with spelling? And how can I help wit...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: December 31, 2018, 8:42 am

46 sounds your child already knows

46 sounds your child already knows

When we speak the English language, we use a combination of the many sounds the letters of the alphabet make. I use spoken language to help children to iden...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: December 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Phonemes – What they are and why do our kids need them

Phonemes – What they are and why do our kids need them

As we all know, there are 26 letters in the English language, A-Z. Each of these letters makes a different sound or sounds in words. When I teach the Speech...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: December 13, 2018, 2:03 pm

I hate homework!

I hate homework!

Did you know it’s highly likely your child spends all day struggling through school, comes home mentally exhausted and is then faced with an hour or more of...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: December 10, 2018, 10:02 am

How to make your child love punctuation

How to make your child love punctuation

How do you make your child want to learn about punctuation? How can you make it fun? That’s right I said FUN!

The post How to make your child love punctuati...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: November 5, 2018, 7:56 am

The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

I have lots of fantastic parents who visit my website and social media platforms and use the resources I create to help their children. This helps their chi...


read more..
Author: Liz Dunoon
Posted: November 5, 2018, 4:31 am

South Australia’s trial of England’s year one phonics check shows why we need it

South Australia’s trial of England’s year one phonics check shows why we need it

The proposal to introduce a phonics check — employed in schools in England towards the end of year one — into Australian schools has created considerable co...


read more..
Author: Jennifer Buckingham and Kevin Wheldall
Posted: April 24, 2018, 11:38 am
All rights reserved © Transformation Trust. Dyslexia support including: what is dyslexia, dyslexia test, dyslexia symptoms, reading and spelling